Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 34: Modified Krissy Hair Flowers

Hope everyone had a fabulous labor day weekend! Today's post is a craft. For my dance students, they earn flowers. I was looking for flower patterns b/c the fake flowers that were available were hideous and I found nothing I actually liked.

I found the Krissy tutorial on Fancy Schmancy Boutique and fell in love with them. :) I decided this would be a good start to make flowers for my dance students. I purchased the pattern. 

I do not have any during photos, because this is a pattern I bought and it is copyrighted.... but also my fingers were covered in hot glue like it was no body's business. I slightly modified the pattern for the petals to fold over, mostly b/c I should not have used hot glue and I had it everywhere. EVERYWHERE!! So I had to hide it! But I also thought that having them glued down may help during times with a veil. The less you have available to grab, the better it is to dance with a veil. :) As you can see in the lower picture here is what I made.



I made 2 versions. The medium and the large. The large one I added red beads to match their costumes. The medium ones I just kept simple black. Because of the hot glue that got everywhere, I tried to pick it off but not everything came off. My deadline didn't help. I added some sequins to help cover up the glue, which for the stage lights will make them glow and sparkle that much more. 

Here are more pictures. I so far have none with them in my student's hair. I will pin them down have a photo shoot soon and repost.


The back of the flowers.


If you are interested in the Krissy tutorial click here. I definitely want to do this again when I have more time and I am not making 12 of them with a time crunch! ! If you want to see more (and trust me she has some fabulous flower patterns that make me drool!) click here! I am eyeing the Enchanted for decorations in the new apartment when we move to DC next month. The apartment could use a pick-me up!

I would like to Thank Fancy Schmancy for allowing me to use her photos and for the wonderful tutorial. I promise to try again and make it the right way! 

Day 34 done! 26 More days to go! Wahoo! For more of my 60 days of blogging adventure click here.

xoxoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...