Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1: Easy Black Rose Ring

Ok here we go! Day 1 of 60 days of blogging to DC! Today I am going to talk about how to make an easy ring.


Recently, I have been trying to match a certain color rhinestones for a dance costume I am in the process of making. This has been very challenging. OMG very challenging,, the costume is about halfway done so when I get the costume completed I will definitely share. But in the meantime.... I wound of acquiring a thank you gift from an etsy dealer I purchased rhinestones from which was a black resin rose. It was cute and I was trying to think of ways to use it; it can not go on a fashion garment, there is only 1 so many jewelry things are out of the question. But then I realized it would make a great ring!

So here is my tutorial for an easy peasy ring!

I purchased from Hobby Lobby, rings that can be modified for size and can be made into anything! Here is what else you need, I used GS hypo cement glue, however E6000 would work too.


Then just a dab of glue to the ring and rose. Let dry- I found that keeping it upside down was the best way to keep it from detaching while the glue is drying.

Let dry. The more time you let the glue cure, the better. I let this one set for 48 hours. 
Voila done! 


Yay for easy projects!


xoxoxo,
Lauren

1 Day Down, 59 more days to go..... Click here to see the other days of blogging!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...