First old argyl sweater. It has had it fair share of washings. I got it at goodwill and thought I could make something out of it. Luckily no holes, perfect to recreate something.
FYI I decided to not wear it as a sweater b/c it was too big on me and I didn't think it could be sewn well.
I cut off the top part with the sleeves right near the arm hole. Man I think I have dulled another rotary cutter blade. There is one spot that doesn't cut well and itseems to be pretty regular. I swear!
Next I decided which way I wanted to wear it. It fit me best if I wore it as is but it needed something to take it in. I folded over the top, made and casings and added some wide elastic. Closed the casing down. Done.
This is actually over a pair of pants I bought from another dancer with a wonky small diagonal over skirt. This is why it looks a bit crooked in the picture. 53 more days and counting!!! Check out the other projects of my 60 blogging to DC here.