Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 7: Refashion-Argyl Hip Hugger

Day 7! Yay I have survived 1 week! Wow! I have had this particular refashion, well for almost 1 year now. I am embarrassed that it has taken me so long to finally publish this post! I just needed an end picture. I actually love this hip warmer. One of the things I have learned the more I do yoga, pilates and bellydance. I really need to keep my hips warm. And I decided to use a sweater to make a hip warmer. :)

First old argyl sweater. It has had it fair share of washings. I got it at goodwill and thought I could make something out of it. Luckily no holes, perfect to recreate something.


FYI I decided to not wear it as a sweater b/c it was too big on me and I didn't think it could be sewn well.

I cut off the top part with the sleeves right near the arm hole. Man I think I have dulled another rotary cutter blade. There is one spot that doesn't cut well and itseems to be pretty regular. I swear!


Next I decided which way I wanted to wear it. It fit me best if I wore it as is but it needed something to take it in. I folded over the top, made and casings and added some wide elastic. Closed the casing down. Done.


This is actually over a pair of pants I bought from another dancer with a wonky small diagonal over skirt. This is why it looks a bit crooked in the picture. 53 more days and counting!!! Check out the other projects of my 60 blogging to DC here.

XOXOXOXO,
Lauren

1 comment:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Oooh! I have a floppy sweater that just might work as a skirt! Thank you for the great idea! -Marci

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...