Well hi welcome to my little blog. Just my little corner of craftiness, sewing, and refashioning. I am also a newly gluten free eater so you have a little bit of recipes mixed in here.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 21: Sequin Butterfly shirt refashion

Ick! The 80s sequined shirts have made their way to my closet. This shirt was so bad I felt like an old 80s rocker I actually wore sunglasses in the picture b/c I wanted to hide my identity. Bad 80s Rock Star! So I also grabbed a Fruit Punch to epitomize the 80s sequined rock star....

I tried to think of something to do with the shirt. But ick too much for my taste. So I decided to cut off the butterflies (and shed a ton of black sequins in my house- my boyfriend now calls them ants).

The first thing I planned to do was use them to add a simple shoulder details to a shirt.

First I had to figure what butterfly to use. I put the shirt on my dressform. This will allow me to have the shirt stretch to my size while I sew the butterflies to the shoulders. Pin them down.


I chose #2. Next I sewed while they were pinned to the dressform. Yes, really. This was challenging and slightly time consuming but worth it so nothing would pop off as soon as I put it on. Done!

Actually, I really like the way they came out. Also the butterflies have yet to pop off. Yay!!!

Now the question is what am I going to do with the rest of the butterflies? Good question. I thought about adding them to other garments but decided against it. So I have decided to back them and send them to the Holocaust Musuem in Houston for their butterfly project. Tomorrow I will post how they turned out! Will post more when I am done with them! :)

Check out more of my 60 days of blogging to DC posts.

Cheers,
Lauren

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...