I tried to think of something to do with the shirt. But ick too much for my taste. So I decided to cut off the butterflies (and shed a ton of black sequins in my house- my boyfriend now calls them ants).
The first thing I planned to do was use them to add a simple shoulder details to a shirt.
First I had to figure what butterfly to use. I put the shirt on my dressform. This will allow me to have the shirt stretch to my size while I sew the butterflies to the shoulders. Pin them down.
I chose #2. Next I sewed while they were pinned to the dressform. Yes, really. This was challenging and slightly time consuming but worth it so nothing would pop off as soon as I put it on. Done!
Actually, I really like the way they came out. Also the butterflies have yet to pop off. Yay!!!
Check out more of my 60 days of blogging to DC posts.